No production added

richard Walton ID: 8463361 Posts: 24
08 Jul 2024 01:04 PM

I see days recently, that no production has been added, but my average daily output stays the same.  It seems odd that the daily average would not drop if no production is added. 

Also, this may just be me- While waiting for the results of the current contest period, it appears my total for the next contest is low compared to previous ones and hasn't been updated for a while now.  

Tristan Olive ID: 22 Posts: 384
08 Jul 2024 07:34 PM

Jobs might come and go for individual research projects. It is normal for productivity to shift from one project to another, depending on work that is available; the output of your system should stay more or less the same, if it is being kept busy.

I can see that your total points are increasing every day, but also that the rate has reduced. Part of this could be due to less work being provided by specific projects. Have you made any changes to your systems, or do you notice any projects in particular that are not sending work? The Event Log in the CE desktop software might show a reason that work isn't being sent, if that is what is happening.

richard Walton ID: 8463361 Posts: 24
09 Jul 2024 12:53 PM

No points added today either. And the average production shown on dashboard also is unchanged. 

After the last prize was determined, I cut back just a bit to let someone else have more of a chance to win. But I have still been running at least 16 processors, more if there was LHC work to be done. I also have stopped Numbers, so my computers can get a break once in a while since they are on 24 hours a day. I have seen a few times they were idle, but Rosetta and Roseta beta has been pretty steady. 

So, everything looks ok here. Work is being done for Rosetta and Rosetta beta and CE. I expected fewer points with Numbers not being done. Maybe even slow down of points because of not doing Numbers currently. I guess if you say it is good on your end, I am causing this by trying to cut back. It is just cut back more than I figured, with the available work in Rosetta.